Rlm_Perl question

Tyller D tyllerd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 17:08:34 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> tyllerd wrote:
> > What is "/^baduser/i" ?
>
>  It's a regular expression.  See the Perl documentation for more
> information.
>
> > I am wanting to use the perl module with freeradius, but I am still
> learning
> > Perl and I currently have that (the example.pl) file running and have
> > replaced baduser with test.
> > However I can still login with test. I just would like to know should it
> be
> > "test", 'test'.. I have tried those and they also do not work, so maybe
> it
> > is something else. Thank you if anyone can help.
>
>   (1) Run the server in debugging mode to see what it's doing
>
>  (2) Learn Perl.  This isn't the list to teach you about Perl,
> unfortunately.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Thanks for the response. I didn't expect you guys to teach me anything, I
just needed a working base from which I can modify to my needs.

I see know that it was my fault (obviously it was going to be). I am using
sql, and not the users file as the guide (
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_perl) suggests. I added Auth-Type attribute
into the table and I know cannot login with the user baduser.
So radcheck used to look like this

+------+----------+-----------+----+---------+
| id   | username | attribute | op | value   |
8813 | baduser  | password  | == | baduser

it now looks like this.

| id   | username | attribute | op | value   |
| 8813 | baduser  | password  | == | baduser |
| 8814 | baduser  | Auth-Type | =  | Perl    |