Rlm_Perl question

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 09:44:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I see know that it was my fault (obviously it was going to be). I am using sql, and not the users file as the guide (http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_perl) suggests. I added Auth-Type attribute into the table and I know cannot login with the user baduser.
> So radcheck used to look like this
>
> +------+----------+-----------+----+---------+
> | id   | username | attribute | op | value   |
> +------+----------+-----------+----+---------+
> 8813 | baduser  | password  | == | baduser
> +------+----------+-----------+----+---------+
>
> it now looks like this.
>
> +------+----------+-----------+----+---------+
> | id   | username | attribute | op | value   |
> +------+----------+-----------+----+---------+
> | 8813 | baduser  | password  | == | baduser |
> | 8814 | baduser  | Auth-Type | =  | Perl    |
> +------+----------+-----------+----+---------+

using a recent version of FR?  if so, change that first line to be

| 8813 | baduser  | cleartext-password  | := | baduser |

(as per the docs!)

your initial question.....'what is /^baduser/i ?'  - its a quick
function that checks the User-Name attribute and see if it matches
(and begins with) the word 'baduser' (and is case insensitive). its
a quick demo to show that things that you can do.... if you were
to do this in production, you'd probably have an array of 'bad users'
and do a loop function in which you check User-Name against
all members of that array (and return a found or not found code back
to the routine that fired off the check....eg

if (baduser() ){
}

etc.

alan