curious network problem

Antony King antony.king at solutiontrax.com
Tue Aug 17 15:59:08 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 13:50:34 John Dennis wrote:
> On 08/17/2010 05:17 AM, Antony King wrote:
> > I'm tempted to compile it up from scratch on this box too (not using
> > the SRPM) - I spotted that it was looking in the wrong place for some
> > libraries in radiusd.conf (not that fixing it made
>
> If there is a problem with the SRPM we want to know about it.
>
> * Which SRPM were you using?
>
> * What do you believe was the specific error?

The problem wasn't with the SRPM - I had copied the configs from one machine
to another and not spotted that there is a link to where the libs are. I'm
pretty sure the SRPM gets that right. My rational in not using the SRPM was
simply that I was trying to remove as many external factors from my problem as
possble. Turned out that the issue was network related, nothing to do with
freeradius at all (though it would have been nice if freeradius had been able
to detect the error).