..::Huntgroup Issues::..

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 24 11:46:15 CEST 2010

Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use the huntgroup feature on the freeradius software
> with out luck. I think I'm missing something that's why I'm sending this
> email maybe you can help me.

  You should read the debug output of the server.  The answer is in there.

> users file at the end:
>
> alfonso  Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "testing", Huntgroup-Name
> == "squid"

  <sigh>  Don't set Auth-Type.  Use "Cleartext-Password := ...", and not
"User-Password == ..."

> Here's the output of the debug, it seems that it doesn't find the config
> file.

  No.  It finds the DEFAULT entry earlier in the file.

  Why?  This is documented.  Read the comments at the top of the "users"
file.  Read the "man users" page.  Read the FAQ for an example of how to
configure a test user.