CA_file vs. CA_path

David Mitchell mitchell at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 25 19:52:21 CEST 2010

I now have 2.1.10 compiled and running. It seems to work fine. I did
have to make one change to my configuration. I had been using CA_path to
refer to the certificates which can authenticate clients for EAP-TLS
authentication in 2.1.8. In 2.1.10, that doesn't seem to work. If I
specify a single file via CA_file that works fine. I can manage either
way I think since the file referenced in CA_file can contain multiple
certificates. I did verify that I had run 'c_rehash' in my CA_path
directory. I'm not sure why CA_path doesn't work since the OpenSSL docs
indicate that they are largely interchangable. Is it an intentional
change? I didn't see anything in the ChangeLog about it.

-David