Break Stream & disconnecting when use freeradius authentication.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Dec 12 18:27:35 CET 2010

Robin wrote:
> Actually after I switch freeradius authentication to RouterOS, the issue
> will disappear.

  Well... the RADIUS server never talks to the PPPoE server after the
Access-Accept.  So *anything* that happens after that is the
responsibility of the PPoE server.

> I just set num_sql_socks from 50 to 256 in sql.conf and set max_connections
> from default 100 to 500 in Mysql. It follows that part of issue users'
> report symptom of break stream disappearing temporarily.

  The only way the SQL sockets affect users is *during* the login
process.  If FreeRADIUS can't access the DB because all of the sockets
are in use, it will reject the user.

  If the user gets an Access-Accept, it doesn't matter if there were 50
SQL sockets, or 50,000 SQL sockets.