Freeradius + mysql Auth-Type error...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Dec 18 08:41:53 CET 2010

Todd Bateman wrote:
>  I have been trying to get freeradius + mysql to play nice together for
> the past few days and no mater what HOW TO or Tutorial I follow the end
> result is the same when I run radtest from the command line I get
> "Access-Reject". In the HOW TO/Tutorials I have followed I was told to
> make my /etc/raddb/sites-available/default like the following:

  i.e. you've butchered the default configuration by following some
un-named, out-dated, and entirely *wrong* third-party documentation.

  Is there any reason you don't use the documentation that's included
with the server?  Or read the Wiki?

  Honestly.  The Wiki contains *explicit* instructions for what to do.
*None* of that includes destroying the configuration.

  Use the default configuration.  Follow the FreeRADIUS documentation.