Freeradius + mysql Auth-Type error...

Todd Bateman wtab at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 09:32:02 CET 2010

Well I been working on this system in some form or another for about a
month, which when done is going to be able (so I am told) to limit the
bandwidth that the connected users (be it wired or wireless clients) can
use using squid/squish/hostapd/freeradius/daloradius (so when I leave
someone can have a point and click way to delete abusive users and add
them back when needed). From my reading I was under the impression that
to use daloradius I needed to use mysql (I could be wrong on this)
otherwise I would use the user accounts on the system and be done with
it. Instead of doing what I should have been doing and using the links
to the documentation and wiki I went looking for a "QUICK FIX" and it
didn't work and it burnt me in the a$$. I was smart enough to copy
original files to a backup directory BEFORE I made any changes, so
copying the original files back and going to the wiki and starting from
there is not going to be that difficult.