Problems with freeradius accounting proxy

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Mon Feb 15 22:56:08 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Phil Pierotti <phil.pierotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tue Feb 16 07:45:32 2010 : Proxy: Marking home server {{radius-ip}}  port
> 1813 as zombie (it looks like it is dead).

I assume that radius is out of your control?

> Also, status check (via request) succeeds, naturally,  given that its not
> the auth proxy that freeradius is complaining about.
> (single downstream RADIUS configured as auth+acct)

Running in debugging mode, or at least looking at FR logs, might show
you what's happening. I suspect the home server is taking a long time
processing acct packets. This is somewhat common if (for example) the
home server uses database for acct, with lots of rows and index, an
slow disks, in such a way that writes/updates takes a long time. This
is just a guess though, more info should be available from the log.

--
Fajar