mschap2 over peap, how to use cleartext password defined on the freeradius server instead of using Windows AD?

Difan Zhao difan.zhao at guest-tek.com
Thu Jan 7 19:57:28 CET 2010

Greetings!

I did read the "mschap" module file and I did see that in order to use a
cleartext password, I need to set "MS-CHAP-Use-NTLM-Auth := No" however
I don't know where to set it.

I tried to set it in "hints" file like the following. I added it to the
beginning of the file and the rest is just default.

enseo_stb

        MS-CHAP-Use-NTLM-Auth := No

The "enseo_stb" is the username. I do see that it matched the line in
the preprocess in the debug however the authentication still failed. I
don't have this user account set in Windows AD. I do have it set in my
users file.

Enseo_stb   Cleartext-Password := "password"

Any advice?? Thank you!!

Difan Zhao

Network Engineer

difan.zhao at guest-tek.com