Help

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 21:26:46 CEST 2010

On 07/13/2010 03:06 PM, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:58:53PM +0500, Jawad Khawaja wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using CentOS with Radius 1.1.3..... it automatically stops working.....
>> and i do restart its services to restore its original state.. As if we do
>> restart system's services 2 or three times, system starts working.... it has
>> a very strange to us...
>>
>> what should i share to trouble shoot.
>>
>> Any suggestion will be appreciated. ...
>>
>> Regards
>> James
>
> I would recommend and upgrade to the latest release of freeradius.
> They have fixed a large number of bugs and enhanced it in ways
> that are not available in the 1.x release. We had similar hang
> problems in the 1.x release and set up a nanny script to restart
> it when it occurred. The 2.x release has not had this problem
> aside from having a much more managable configuration.

RHEL 5.5 ships freeradius 2.1.7 in the freeradius2 rpms.

See http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

The CentOS folks have recently made the RHEL 5.5 upgrade available so
you should be able to do a freeradius2 install and pickup 2.1.7

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/