Master key and Pairwise Master Key encryption

Khan Ferdous Wahid khanferdous.wahid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 11:34:10 CEST 2010

Hi,
I want to know about the Master key (MK) encapsulation and Pairwise Master
key (PMK) generation during EAP-TLS or EAP-TTLS methods. When the supplicant
is authenticated, the server generates a MK and sends it in encrypted format
to the supplicant. How this MK (I think it is a random number) is encrypted?
Which algorithm is used and which parameters are included (input) to
disguise the MK? Then how the PMK is generated independently inside server
and supplicant? What algorithm and parameters are used to cryptically pass
the PMK to authenticator (Access point)? Please tell me clearly because I am
a newbie. Which source codes include these operations, where should I look?

Thank you.

/Khan