username and attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 6 10:26:15 CEST 2010

rosect190 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I have two users (u1 and u2) and want to use PEAP to auth them. For each
> user, I will return an attribute. For example, attr1 for u1  and  attr2
> for u2.
>
> An interesting thing is that, when my out-tunnel user name is
> "anonymous", I do not see any attribute be returned although the auth is
> successful.

  Because you have configured "use_tunneled_reply".  See eap.conf.

> Further testing shows, if I use user2's name (u2) as user1's out-tunnel
> name and use user1's name (u1) as user2's out-tunnel name, user1 will
> receive attri2 and user2 will receive attr1. It seems that the server
> picks attributes based on the out-tunnel name, not the real user name.

  Yes... that's what you told it to do.  If you want different behavior
in/out of the tunnel, *configure it*.  That's why the "default" virtual
server is different from the "inner-tunnel" virtual server.

  Their configuration is similar so that first installs are simple.  But
you can change them and edit them to meet your needs.