PEAP - AD Disabled

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet nmcdavit at alcor.concordia.ca
Fri Jun 25 15:21:37 CEST 2010

Okay,

I've had a working config with the following for the past month.

TTLS->LDAP

PEAP->AD

PEAP->Local Users File

After a month running everything perfectly, 3 days ago the "PEAP-AD" portion
of the AAA failed. This is for wireless auth.

Strangely, I can still auth from the CLI using ntlm_auth and wbinfo. So it
appears as if the Samba connection to the AD is fine. Nothing has changed
config wise between then and now, and I haven't found any interesting log
information. You just get a "Login incorrect" when you try to login via
PEAP->AD. Everything else is verified as working.

Aside from Freeradius itself, what are the differences between using
ntlm_auth via CLI and via Freeradius?

Nathan Van Fleet

Telecommunications Analyst

Network Assessment and Integration