FreeRadius upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0.4

Trevor Jennings tjennings at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:19:06 CET 2010

Hello,

 I recently upgraded one of our freeradius servers from 1.3.3 to 2.0.4. We
use this for mac authentication for wireless which is working fine and also
ldap authentication for our vpn users.

The problem I am having with the ldap authentication is that when a user
tries to authenticate with their user at domain, it does not work! However, it
works fine if the user does not add the domain name. Is there a glitch with
v2.0.4 or a configuration issue that I am missing?

I am using this in the ldap config:-
filter = "(sAMAccountName=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})"

but the Stripped-User-Name appears to be blank when using debug mode.

Cheers,

 - Trevor