Proxy and copy-acct-to-home-server

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Fri Mar 5 15:15:36 CET 2010

Hello List,

I am redoing our radius setup into FreeRadius 2.0.4 and I need some advise.

Lets say I have 3 FreeRadius servers (A,B,C) and I would like to sync
the accounting packet between them.

On server A, I created copy-acct-to-home-server for B and C;
On server B, I created copy-acct-to-home-server for A and C;
On server C, I created copy-acct-to-home-server for A and B;

Now in proxy.conf.... i need to define home_servers:

On server A, created home_server B and home_server C (type=acct);
On server B, created home_server A and home_server C (type=acct);
On server C, created home_server A and home_server B (type=acct);

But now on server_pool I seem to have an issue,

I desire that A only sends copies to B and C - while B and C do not send
those packets back to A or to each other respectively.
Like wise with the other two servers ( ie when one of the servers I
administer proxies a packet, the receiver should not proxy it any further ).

How would I define this? Would I need one home_server_pool with both
home_servers defined, but defined with what "type="?
Mind if I use multiple pools then I need both in each of my realm
statements... is that even allowed.

Sorry for the vagueness... any assistance would be great

Kind Regards,
Etienne