Help with executing accounting!

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Mar 27 18:31:40 CET 2010

Hi,

>  1.  For each user wishing to authenticate with freeradius, I have added two attributes in "users.conf" file. The first attribute is "Framed-IP-Address", while the second is a VSA "ipoque-class".

'users' file

>  2.  When the user successfully authenticate with the freeradius, and after the freeradius sends Access-Accept, I want the radclient.exe to automatically send Accounting request to ipoque, including the following: User-Name, Framed-IP-Address, Accounting-Status-Type= Start and ipoque-class as configured in users.conf file. This should inform ipoque device about the user IP and the class of that user in order to apply th proper bandwidth rules for that user category.

why cant the NAS send the thing to this ipoque box?  oh well, if you
want to use FreeRADIUS to do the work...

simply call perl or python...or even exec...in the post-auth section of
the FreeRADIUS server and get it to call radclient as you want it to

> I have started by creating a test user in users.conf as follows:
>
> shafzeen    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "1234"

Cleartext-Password := "1234"

....or are you about to tell me you are using the ancient FreeRADIUS 1.1.7
windows port?

alan