Help with executing accounting!

Mohamed Abdulla mohamed.abdulla at acs.com.kw
Sat Mar 27 19:14:59 CET 2010

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using the FreeRadius from
freeradius.net, and I am using it on windows. I did not know it makes so
much a big difference! What Ipoque has implemented is indeed not a full
RADIUS implementation, but it can understand that Accounting Request sent to
it to extract the user data and traffic class before it applies the
configured rules of user traffic treatment. When I manually use radclient to
send the accounting request to ipoque (I fill a text file with sample data
of one user and use that with radclient), everything successfully works.
Then I wanted to do the same on the fly, where depending on the User-Name
and the fact that the user successfully authenticates, the radclient will
populate the Accounting Request data using that User-Name and the configured
attribute in the "users" file. I was hoping I could find similar script
which does the same or close to it. But I guess as Alan DeKok has
highlighted, I have to go through the scripts and Exec-Program-Wait pages
and try to find a way to do it as radclient doe not expand variables like
%{}. Is the 1.1.7 version, windows port supported here? Where can I find the
suggested scripts/exec-program-wait example?