Problem changing secret in clients.conf

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 01:29:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

> There are two raddb directories (at least, I have two...):
> /usr/share/freeradius-server-2.1.8/raddb
> /usr/local/etc/raddb
>
> and having a look at this directory, I found the second raddb directory.
> I'm a bit lost with this directories schema in Linux... Is there any reason to have two raddb directories or maybe I made an error in installation?
> Thank you very much for your help!!
> Marta

i would guess that the directory in /usr/share is mainly due to documentation
and is the default vednor supplied files untouched by the package manager - did
you install via RPM or such?

usually, if you install by hand you'll have the files in /etc/raddb or /usr/local/etc/raddb
(most commonly chosen default locations in configuration step)

in your case, from the config, looks like /usr/local/etc/radd/ is the directory
to focus on :-)

alan