Wimax module with Freeradius 2.1.8 on Ubuntu

Lindsay, Joel Joel.Lindsay at bchydro.com
Tue Mar 30 01:29:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am using ubuntu and wanted to install freeradius.  After installing
the default unbuntu version of freeradius, I realised that it does not
support WiMAX.  I then removed the old version, downloaded the latest
version of freeradius (2.1.8) and built my own package according to the
build instructions on the freeradius Wiki.  This did not appear to build
the wimax portions as freeradius crashed stating it could not find the
shared rlm_wimax.so file (when I ran the server with wimax eneabled in
the defaults file.  I built this file myself and linked it into the
directory where all the other freeradius libraries go.  This allowed me
to start freeradius, but on the first authentication request, I get a
segmentation fault.

I attempted to recompile from source using ./configure
-with-experimental-modules and make.  Unfortunately this too failed to
compile the WiMAX module.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help!

Joel Lindsay