R: Re: R: Re: R: rlm_ippool: No available ip addresses in pool

Michael J. Hartwick hartwick at hartwick.com
Tue May 4 21:57:25 CEST 2010

How is FreeRADIUS supposed to know when a user disconnects and frees up the
IP address from the pool if the NAS doesn't tell it? Anything else is not
exactly reliable. If you have a user with a long duration session that lasts
longer than your timeout the IP could be put back into the pool when it is
still in use.

The best solution would be to fix the NAS to send the packets or fix the
network to make sure they get delivered.

Michael

Michael J. Hartwick, VE3SLQ                      hartwick at hartwick.com

Hartwick Communications Consulting                      (519) 396-7719

Kincardine, ON, CA                             http://www.hartwick.com