Basic wifi config

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 5 09:47:02 CEST 2010

Philippe Schwarz wrote:
> Ok, but it's useless only; i can keep it that way , right ?

  "useless" means "confusing, unnecessary, and extra work".

  You should delete it.

> ..>> Failed to authenticate the user.
>>   You didn't specify a password for the user.
> Oh! I should have read more carefully..
> I thought i 'd have a popup for login,pass later..

  Er... no.  The *RADIUS* server doesn't know the correct password, so
it can't authenticate the user.

> OK, but my users are stored in a LDAP/samba Backend; i'll give it a try
> soon.

  Take it one simple step at a time.  Trying to configure everything all
at once is a recipe for disaster.

> BTW, the password is one-way encrypted, and tried
>
>  echo -n 'user::Password' | md5
>
> and paste the md5 to the users file, and ....did not work..

  <sigh>  "I did stuff not recommended anywhere and it broke".

  Don't do that.

> Maybe the null realm is the problem.

  No.  See the FAQ for an example of how to add a password.