The client does not connect _*_*_*_

htt thanh htt.thanh at gmail.com
Mon May 10 19:47:08 CEST 2010

hi Alan,  thank you to get me out of the wrong way, I've checked the whole
of server's output,in debug mode , and I found out that the radius included
its configuration file with this path, all of them are:
/usr/local/etc/raddb/xxx
e.g:
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/proxy.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf
including files in directory /usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/

while the path of configuration files I modified is:
/usr/local/freeradius-server-2.1.8/raddb/

So should I change the configuration files in the path /usr/local/etc/raddb
or make some modifications in the
/usr/local/freeradius-server-2.1.8/raddb/radiusd.conf?
..
On 10 May 2010 15:11, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> htt thanh wrote:
> > thank for repy Alan,
> > for clear, here is my topology
>
>   I didn't ask for that.
>
> > when I telnet to the router fromg my PC, the radius server list the
> > clients as "unknow clients".as soon as I entered the password.
>
>   You already said that.
>
> > the debug output is as follow:
> >
> > "ignoring request to authentication address * port 1812 from unknow
> > client 192.168.6.201 port 1645"
>
>   Did you read the *rest* of the debug output as I suggested?
>
> > I've also run debug radius mode on the router, and here is the output:
>
>   I didn't ask for that.
>
>  Honestly, it's not that difficult to see what's going on.  Go back to
> my previous message, and READ IT.  Be sure that you answer BOTH questions.
>
>  The problem here is that you're not following instructions.  That's a
> guaranteed way to *never* solve the problem.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

htt