Pending release of 2.1.9

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 14 10:35:35 CEST 2010

Johan Meiring wrote:
> I compiled the server and can confirm it runs ok on my develepment machine.

  OK.

> On another note, every time a new release comes out, I manually add
> rlm_raw and recompile.
>
> I updated rlm_raw to work with FR2 a while ago and have been running it
> successfully in production for about a year.
>
> Any chance of getting it into the 2_1_0 branch?

  I have no idea what the module does.

  The modules are run *only* after the packet has been received, and
decoded.  Any dynamic expansion is done *only* when the packet has been
received and decoded.

  So the module does nothing more than what the server already does:
decode attributes.

  The "dynamic clients' code runs modules before the packet is
decoded... but that's only because it doesn't *receive* the packet.  So
any "raw" access to the packet will return nothing.

  What are you doing with the module?  I can't for the life of me see
why it would be useful in *any* situation.