ISG DHCP relay

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 18 11:00:23 CEST 2010

Igor Smitran wrote:
> I really don't understand why noone wants to help.

  You *think* you're asking how to configure FreeRADIUS to send
something back to the NAS.  We're telling you we don't know what that
"something" is.  Only the NAS manufacturer knows.  Go ask Cisco what the
NAS needs, and then configure FreeRADIUS to send it.

  i.e. People are *trying* to help you, and you're ignoring the advice
of the experts on this list.  That should be a hint that your approach
is wrong.

> After all, i am using freeradius together with cisco.

  You are asking how to configure the Cisco NAS, not FreeRADIUS.

  Try asking Cisco how to configure FreeRADIUS.  You won't get far.

> I just asked if anyone has any
> experience in ISG+FreeRadius because i am trying to find a solution for
> my problem for more than 15 days. Does it really matter what kind of NAS
> i am using?

  Yes.

  You are asking how to configure the NAS.  It matters *very much* which
NAS you're using.

  Your question is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of RADIUS.
You think that the server is in control.  It's not.  The NAS is in
control of almost everything.  If you want the NAS to do something,
consult the NAS documentation for how to configure the NAS, or which
attributes it expects in order to behave in a particular way.

  Once you find out that the NAS needs Attribute X with value Y to do
what you want, we can help you configure FreeRADIUS to send it.  Until
then, we *don't know* what X is.  We *don't know* what Y is.  We are
telling you to ask the *manufacturer of the NAS* what those values are.