Authenticating groups via LDAP

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Sun May 23 21:19:35 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 12:54:49PM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Josip Rodin wrote:
> > IMHO just changing modules to the -enabled/-available scheme would be a good
> > first step and it should be done first, in 2.1.10 or whenever.
>
>   I'd say 2.2.0.  And then move eap.conf && sql.conf to raddb/modules*, too.
>
>   The only reason that eap.conf && sql.conf aren't in the modules
> directory is that too many documents point to them.  And I couldn't take
> the thought of having raddb/eap.conf say:
>
> 	"look in modules/eap for the real configuration"
>
>   ... and then getting questions asking "what does that mean?"

You already had one such transition, from clients to clients.conf,
which was more painful because of a different format, IIRC.
IMHO if done right this small change doesn't have to be painful at all.
sites-available/enabled is already done in 2.1.x so the groundwork is
already laid.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.