What is the Class attribute for?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 25 07:29:46 CEST 2010

weiwei fang wrote:
> Now our company has bought the WiMAX products. We want to use freeradius
> as the AAA server.

  It should work without a problem.

> However, the vendor told us that we need to return back the user's qos
> service level back to AGW after authenticating this user. I looked up
> the documents and found this attribute.

  Uh.. how about reading the documentation for the AGW, or asking the
vendor which attribute their product needs for QoS service level?

> And as the WiMAX network will be
> used only for our company, we don't want to use the "accounting" part in
> freeradius(btw: how can I get rid of this part and don't let this part
> start)?

  Don't configure accounting on the AGW?

> So maybe we need to define a vendor-specific attribute for our purpose?

  Go ask the vendor how their product works.  Then, configure FreeRADIUS
to send the data needed by that product.