RADDB 2.1.7 and /etc/shadow

sbchem twise at chem.ucsb.edu
Thu May 27 22:51:44 CEST 2010

>>  <shrug>  It's an error produces (sic) by the PAM subsystem.  Ask them
what it means.

<Sigh> It turns out the error is caused by a typo in the radiusd file
provided in /redhat/radiusd-pam, NOT by the pam subsystem.  In fact, the pam
subsystem was merely reporting the error in the freeradius file.  The
message "module not found" was because the radiusd-pam file was pointing to
password.so NOT passwd.so

>> Blaming FreeRADIUS is the same as blaming Dell

Hmmm--rather defensive are we??? --Alan, no one is blaming anybody for
anything....it was a simple and honest question that was also posted a few
years ago and remained unanswered -- until now, by me as above.  However I
do find it interesting that you compare the customer service you provided on
this to that provided by Dell -- if the shoe fits.....

I am part of a consortium of public and private universities and scientific
research facilities and our internal listserv on radius frequently talks
people off of freeradius solely because of the sarcastic and chip on the
shoulder attitude of "some" of the developers.  Quit being such a Mordac
Alan, it scares the tourists and devalues the otherwise excellent work done
by other people on this project.

You can ban me now for such a ghastly breach of etiquette.

Cheers!