Help on passing parameter to exec

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 11:44:35 CET 2010

On 11/03/2010 10:20 AM, Nghĩa Phạm wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> The thing is, I need this particular exec to run on an Accounting
> Request with Type = Start, since there is 2 kind of login on the NAS:
> - Login on the Web UI, in this case only Access-Request is sent
> - Login for VPN, in this case after Authenticate is accepted, NAS sends
> an Accounting Start Request. I want to run exec here to distinguish the
> two kind of login.

Well, as I've explained - the variable you want to match is not present
in accounting packets.

Are you sure there isn't some variable which is different in the auth
requests? Service-Type for example?

> Can I define some kind of variable to store the Session-Timeout pass the
> Authenticate to the pre-acct session ?

You may be able to use an SQL database to store Session-Timeout in
"post-auth", then retrieve it in "pre-acct", provided there is a value
common between the auth and accounting packets.