FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 regression in logging behaviour

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Nov 27 10:09:16 CET 2010

Hi,

> In our log rotation (on CentOS) we use:
>
>         prerotate
>                 /sbin/service radiusd stop >/dev/null
>         endscript
>         postrotate
>                 /sbin/service radiusd start >/dev/null
>         endscript

I know the workarounds - only hope you dont have someone trying to authenticate
during that timeframe  ;-)

but seriously, this impacts the statistics etc that you get from eg radmin
or from sending a stats request packet to the control-socket. . you have a clean
set of stats each day

but, even worse, doing this flushes the EAP cache for fast session resumption

alan