Unfinished Request no Database

João Romariz jromariz at globo.com
Fri Oct 1 18:56:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue with freeradius 2.1.9 running in a VM with
Fedora Core 13. As soon as we start the server we get around 30
anthentication requests per second from a client. The first 30 to 40 request
get a quick reply but from there on only very few replies are seen on the
log file, all the other requests get this error:

Fri Oct  1 05:06:28 2010 : Error: Discarding duplicate request from client
GGs port 65035 - ID: 117 due to unfinished request 4

Searching the mailing list I found lots of references to this error as cause
by "slow database server". The problem here is that we are not using any
database on this server, we authenticate any user and don´t care for
username or password. The server assigns IP addresses to the users by an
ippool.

Any ideas of what could be the causing the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Joao.