SQL and Proxy acct in a virtual server

Frank Bollet frankbollet at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 11:06:30 CEST 2010

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Frank Bollet wrote:
> How could I define a specific accounting for a given realm ?
>
>   You don't.

So, the best practice here is to put specific accounting in
sites-available/default ?
For example:
### File: sites-available/default
[...]
accounting {
    if (Realm == "foo") {
        sql_foo
    }
    elsif (Realm == "bar") {
        sql_bar
###

>  Setting up virtual servers for each *local* realm is not useful.

I obviously misunderstood the virtual server purpose. I'm basically just trying
to separate each realm (actually *partners*, who can have multiple realms but
one set of RADIUS proxys) in the configuration. I thought I could use the
virtual server functionality to separate each partner. So I would end up with
only one file for partner A, that could be very easily [de]activated (with
*-available and *-enabled) and easily cloned.
Even if virtual servers are not designed for that use, that works for locally
managed (ie non proxied) realms, but not for proxied realms because virtual
servers only execute pre and post proxy sections in that case.

Is there a way to separate the configuration for each partner, or should I just
put everything in sites-available/default because it's how it's supposed to
work?

Thank you,
Frank