Problem with rlm_perl

Nasser Heidari nasser at rasana.net
Fri Sep 3 14:57:45 CEST 2010

Dear Folks,

Apologies for previous unwanted / half complete email,

We are using a perl module to record and save clients MAC address to DB.
In situations that cisco-av-pair is not included in RADIUS packet, We
are replacing it with 0000.0000.0000. Everything is working just fine in
test environment but when running on production servers the recorded MAC
address for those clients without cisco-av-pair attribute in their
packet is not 0000.0000.0000 but it's a wrong MAC which belongs to
another packet received seconds ago. We even captured all the RADIUS
traffic sent form NASes and replayed it in our test environment but
everything was working fine again. The only difference is our test
environment is 32bit and production is 64bit. We suspect even something
wrong with 32/64 bit or a threading issue with perl module on 64 bit
platform. Anyone seen something like this before or anything special
regarding 64bit / perl multi-threading?

Current version:

radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.7, for host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu,
built on Mar 31 2010 at 00:14:28

We also have perl compiled with multi-threading support : v5.8.8 built
for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

best regards,