Best Authentication Method for Various Supplicant

homyang cha homyang4u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:18:29 CEST 2010

Hello
I am running freeradius-2.17 on CentOS-5.5 box with mysql-5.0.77 as backend
and daloradius-0.9-8 as the web management. I have successfully configured
an tested EAP-MD5, PEAP and PAP authentication using windows 7 as supplicant
with wired 802.1x authentication (no certificates used) and NAS as a Huawei
Switch (Quidway S5600 Series) and seems to be working fine.

Now my issues are: in my networks there are various kinds of OS running for
supplicants. To name a few are Windows XP (SP2, SP3), Windows Vista, Windows
7, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu and Mac OS X. I have to configure AAA applicants
systems in such a way all this systems are supported. Can someone help me
suggest or have any idea/experience on this. What could be the best
authentiation method that I can use so that all this supplicants using
different OS are supported. Also I use wired connection as well as wireless
connection in the network. Does anybody throw some light on this matter?

Thanks in Advance

--
homyang (aka puran)