Wrong Vlan assignment by freeradius, threading issue?!

Jan Zacharias janz at dfki.de
Wed Sep 8 14:12:10 CEST 2010

Hey,

is the vmps functionality in freerad really a substitute for freenac?

Is there a Gui that I missed? After reading the sample configuration in

sites-available/vmps I get the impression that freerad can just handle

vmps requests as well. For me, vmps is not required at all, the clients

use 802.1x as the switches do. Rad2vmps is just necessary as freenac

can not speak radius natively - maybe this was not clear :)

Back to the topic: if rad2vmps gets the wrong mac from the freerad thread this
is no

perl issue, right? Maybe I manage to get debug mode on rad2vmps working - then
we know

for sure.

Best,

Jan