Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL,> support.

David Mitchell mitchell at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 13 17:57:06 CEST 2010

David Mitchell wrote:
> Douglas Caro wrote:
>
>> # freeradius -v
>> freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.9, for host i486-pc-linux-gnu, built
>> on Sep 13 2010 at 09:40:57
>> Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
>
> It seems suspicious to me that your freeradius is reporting a build date
> of today. Unless the .deb installation causes this date to up updated,
> it implies that you built this binary locally. I have to be honest, even
> though I run Debian a lot I usually compile FreeRadius myself so I'm not
> that familiar with the packaged version.

You tried Alexander's tips, not mine. You built your own binary, and if
you didn't get TLS support you will have to debug the configure/make
process yourself. The 2.1.8 version in the Lenny backports has TLS
support built in. I'm 100% certain of this because I just installed it
and checked.

-David Mitchell