Radius not recording - The maximum number of threads (300) are active, cannot spawn new thread to handle request

Marie Tambe mnjanje at usatech.com
Tue Sep 28 16:16:34 CEST 2010

We are using mysql database for Radius

Thanks and Regards
Marie

-----Original Message-----
From: freeradius-users-bounces+mtambe=usatech.com at lists.freeradius.org [mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+mtambe=usatech.com at lists.freeradius.org] On Behalf Of Alan Buxey
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:08 AM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: Radius not recording - The maximum number of threads (300) are active, cannot spawn new thread to handle request

Hi,
> I am not a mysql expert but need to support it.
> How can I fix the database?
> Is it related to the server resources as well?

server resources as in memory and CPU and disk speed? most likely.

this is a FreeRADIUS mailing list - which DB are you using - I'd suggest
going to the relevent mailing list or support channel for your DB - and/or invest
ina  good book for it. most of the optimisation can be done in eg configuration
files - allocate more memory, change the engine etc.  others need more DB skills
and foo - eg creation of correct indexes etc

personally, I'd look at what you are using and see if you can change to a better
one (eg move to postgresql instead of mysql )

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

The information contained in this email and any attachments is strictly confidential and is for the use of the intended recipient.  Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of any part of this email or any attachment is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and delete all copies including attachments.