the WARNING message when client doesn't respond any more...

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Sep 29 15:21:56 CEST 2010

  ... that went into 2.1.10 is a great piece of functionality, and can
help a lot in debugging.

However, it would be even more useful if this information made it into
radius.log (since otherwise it won't surface unless in debugging mode),
sth like:

Auth: Login ABORTED: [userfoo] (from client bar-v4 port 19181) ceased
EAP conversation prematurely.

Our helpdesk (and we're certainly not the only ones) would appreciate if
we could easily figure out and say: "Your client software apparently
doesn't like us. Go away and configure it according to the
documentation!" Of course the information in the middle of an EAP
session is incomplete (no inner identity!), but if at least the outer
identity and Calling-Station-Id could be logged alongside, that would be
great.

(I guess it's asked too much get a handle for this situation and get the
ability to execute custom SQL statements for that... right?)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER