Fwd: FreeRadius + VSA

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 30 14:17:30 CEST 2010

Noura Kossentini wrote:
> So I want to install a radius server. The documentation maked me
> confused to use free radius with Jradius.

  I don't know why.  They are two independent projects, with different
web sites.

> I want to connect to the
> radius server (Jradius or freeradius or the two at the same time I don't
> know) using TinyRadius Library.

  That's nice.

> So I must know the secret key used by the server to use it side the
> client

  No.  You must *create* the secret.  That's why it's in a configuration
file: so you can edit it.

> Also I want to add a VSA role attribute to know the role of the
> user (Viewer, admin ...)
>

> Is there a good documentation helping me how can I proceed??

  The server comes with a *lot* of documentation.  It explains how to
add attributes to the files.  See the FAQ for examples, the comments in
the configuration files, the Wiki, or the "doc" link on the main web page.

  If your work isn't important enough for you to read the existing
documentation, it's not important enough for us to answer your questions.