Creating freeRADIUS extensions (beginner)

Tiberiu Breana darth_tibi at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 17:07:52 CEST 2011

Hello.
I'm doing my thesis project on advanced authentication techniques. I  want to
use freeRADIUS to implement extensions regarding one or more of  the following:
1)Location-based authentication
2)Prepay codes for timed access
3)QoS parameters (allocate network resources according to the user's services)

Do you think these extensions are 'doable' for a beginner?
What are the major steps in implementing a new module? From what I've
understood so far, I have to create a .c file and add some attributes to  the
dictionary. Is implementing new message types difficult? (does the  finite-state
machine need to be modified?)

Any advice/information/tips are greatly welcome. Thanks!