Simple "Guest user" web front end for FreeRADIUS

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:16:30 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 9:50 PM,  <up at 3.am> wrote:
> On my client's wifi network, we are authenticating staff users via
> FreeRADIUS against the corporate LDAP database.
>
> I've created a new SSID/WLAN with an IP pool that I've restricted through
> router ACLs that we want to deploy for temporary "guest" users.  I can set
> up a new FreeRADIUS server (I've done many of those) backend for this, but
> am unfamiliar with 2 things that will be different here, which are:
>
> 1) A Web front end for a clerical type to enter in temporary accounts to
> FreeRADIUS.  I imagine there must be a simple php interface for some sort
> of "Internet cafe" type of use.  I'd prefer as simple as possible (ie,
> flat file), but would be fine if MySQL is the way to go for account info
> storage.
>
> I know I COULD put together a FreeRADIUS and OpenLDAP server with
> something like a webmin front end, but that seems overkill to me.
>
> 2) Some sort of automatic password generator for above...not absolutely
> necessary, but would be nice.
>
> I would imagine this wheel has already been invented, so if anybody could
> point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> -

1. You can simply use m0n0wall / Pfsense, it has all voucher/ user
accounts stuff and a GUI onboard, so you don't even need to use radius
if you think it's overkill for this particular situation.
2. Why setup an extra radius server if you have one?
3. There are many frontends available, dialup admin, daloradius, Yfi
(aka hotcakes), dma softlab radius manager, etc

kind regards,