ASCII NUL in NAS-Filter-Rule

Ruslan Pustovoytov rus-p at inbox.ru
Fri Apr 15 10:05:40 CEST 2011

Hi All

My nas box can use attribute NAS-Filter-Rule from radius server to
construct filter rules per subscriber "on the fly".
Accodingly to rfc 4849 this attribute should contain ascii NUL (0x00) as
a delimiter between individual filter rules and at the end of rules.
Freeradius define this attribute as a string and I do not know how to
create valid string with nul character.
I changed attribute type to octets and successfully add null character
but a whole string converted to hex also and attribute was not readable.
How to send nul character without changing attribute type ?