Running FreeRadius daemon in debug mode

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:06:15 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I'm running the latest yum version of freeradius2 on a 32bit CentOS 5.5 install.

I'm using "service radius start" to launch the daemon.  I'm trying to figure out how to use the service method to launch the process in debug mode.  I can start it in debug mode when calling it from the command line just fine.

I thought it might be as simple as modifying the radiusd script file in /init.d with the -x switch, but that causes errors.  Does anyone have a working copy of the init.d script I could look at?

Thank you in advance!

- Mike