setup service needed

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Apr 20 11:04:20 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:38 PM, danieln <daniel.ngkk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fajar,
> well my aim is to install hotspots for multiple places like cafes or
> condominiums.
> I'll need the AP to direct the users to my portal to signup for a new
> account or to login before they can use the internet line.
> so there will be many APs connecting to the server for authentication.
> I'll need you to help me setup the server & also the firmware needed for the
> AP.

Are you working for an ISP? For wide-scale deployment, sometimes it's
much easier to join a wireless alliance, something ilke Wireless at SG in
Singapore. It'd save you lots of headache and initial cost.

> currently I'm looking at these few models of APs to use
> TPLINK - 2.4GHz High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE TL-WA5210G
> Ubiquiti nanostaion M2 / nanostation2 loco

... like this one, determining which AP to use and working out their
compatibility. We ended up using supported version of dd-wrt in our
implementation. That would reduce some headache since now we pretty
much don't care what brand/model it is as long as it can run dd-wrt
and fulfills some basic technical requirements (like vendor support,
CPU speed, number of ports, etc.)

> will prefer to use mysql for the user's record as I can do up the login
> pages with php easier.
> You able to help me on this?

Sorry mate. I don't provide implementation services.

Again, start with the requirements, how you want it delivered
(remotely or on-site), and probably some rough range of bounty.
Hopefully others will be able to help you. Or contact one of the
companies listed on http://freeradius.org/business/. Or contact some
local companies in your area (your requirement is quite common, and
it's usually easier to work with local companies)

If you just need a working FR + MySQL + hotspotlogin.php, and can live
with phpMyAdmin as your main GUI, many people should be able to
install it for you remotely, for the right price.

However if you need a working turn-key solution, complete with the
sign-up page, prepaid voucher management, usage info page for users,
AP testing, and an onsite implementation, that would be a different
beast altogether.

That being said, installing FR2 by itself is not hard if you follow
the documentation. If you encounter a problem, start with
http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FAQ

--
Fajar