Radius timeout when rlm_ldap module fail

rss ln russline at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:04:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've used freeradius-1.1.3-1.6.el5 with openldap backend on my old
system. When OpenLDAP server was down, client requested the Freeradius
doesn't get any response and then requested another radius server.
Now, after upgade to freeradius-2.1.9-3.el6, the behavior has changed.
When backend LDAP server is down, FreeRadius responds immediately with
Reject. I've read documentation and found this:

Module return codes:
RLM_MODULE_FAIL: Processing of this request could not be completed.
Something is not working properly. FreeRADIUS responds with a reject
response.

It seems like it is correct behavior, but is it possible to change it
as before? When backend OpenLDAP is down, freeradius should not
respond to client?

Regards,

rus