Freeradius closes

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Mon Aug 8 12:23:16 CEST 2011

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>> The radiusd keeps closing and i have to restart it.  I am running 2.1.11
>> on this server but i have recently upgraded to this and it was happening
>> before.
>>
>> The program uses up all the memory on the computer which is 4GB and I
>> have enclosed a picture of this.  I can send what ever config files you
>> need to help me discover this problem.  We are using a MySql database to
>> keep track of customer accounts and usage.
>
>  Try the v2.1.x branch from http://git.freeradius.org
>
>  That will become 2.1.12 soon.

Well...been running v2.1.x (8e71524f) for a while now and not seen any
problems.

I was running 2.1.11 on the other node and that still died with "unable
to insert event", interestingly again just after a Status-Server message
was received.  RAM, CPU, IO usage at the time and for the whole time
since FreeRADIUS was started was all normal (from my torrus[1] graphs).

Will keep you posted if anything crops up...touch wood it seems okay.

Cheers

[1] http://torrus.org/ is amazing, especially combined with snmpd on
	hosts too

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: HOST SYSTEM RESPONDING, PROBABLY UP...