Cant Start Radius Server MAC OSX (snow leopard)

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 10:11:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> including configuration file /private/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
> Unable to open file "/private/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf": Permission denied
> Errors reading /private/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf

sometimes its not permissions, but the code reading the configurations
files encounters an error - eg when reading radiusd.conf - which pulls
in all the files, and the error lies there..

> CHANGES I MADE PRIOR TO GETTING THIS ERROR

exactly....

> Using textwrangler I edited  /etc/raddb/users

yes.....

> user1          Cleartext-Password := “password”
> Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User,
> cisco-avpair = “webvpn:user-vpn-group=SLRgroup1”

...and then you saw the errors in the debug log regarding this entry -
this entry is wrong (or the server cannot read it due to incorrect.

maybe

user1          Cleartext-Password := “password”
Service-Type = "NAS-Prompt-User",
cisco-avpair = “webvpn:user-vpn-group=SLRgroup1”

?

alan