Dynamic Clients and ldap threads?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 15 15:51:33 CEST 2011

Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> No arguments here with that... I'll have a read through the RFC's and
> escalate to our hardware vendor.. But I don't like my chances :(

  If they don't follow the RFCs, then all bets are off.  Who the heck
are these people?

> Is there any limit on the file size of the clients.conf and how many
> entries? or it will just take as long as it will take and get re-read
> each time I HUP the server.

  I've tested 2.x with 500K clients.  It took ~8s to start the server,
and the server used ~2G of RAM.  But it worked.

  You could also try using the "dynamic_clients" module.  Put the
clients into a subdirectory instead of LDAP.  That will solve the LDAP
load problem.

> Many thanks for your insightful answers Alan :)

  It's what I do...