Cant Start Radius Server MAC OSX (snow leopard)

DavidS fifeeliz1 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 05:00:21 CEST 2011

Thanks Alan Buxey and Marius Pesé - definite progress!!

Alan - I think you were right to include the " " around the
"NAS-Prompt-User” it was not there in my version download from the internet

And you were both right about the type of quotation marks

“webvpn:user-vpn-group=SLRgroup1”
vs
"webvpn:user-vpn-group=SLRgroup1"

Once I corrected the entry in this way all of the Radius log entries
disappeared !!! (Which i assume is a good thing)

Again I think this is a big step forwards THANK YOU (and to other for their
thoughts)

I have not got further in testing but I note that Debugging even after the
corrections still says the same regarding the reading of config files

server10:~ admin$ radiusd -X
FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.3, for host i386-apple-darwin10.0, built on Apr 11
2011 at 17:19:07
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License v2.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /private/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
Unable to open file "/private/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf": Permission denied
Errors reading /private/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf