radmin del client error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 29 05:12:39 CEST 2011

tohaikmeng wrote:
> My aim is to achieve the addition of client entries without any server
> reloading/restart, and AAA will permits for those newly added clients. My
> first thought was to use radmin -e "add client file <file>" and it works for
> me but the deletion "del client ipaddr <ipaddr>" failed on me.

  Go install the new version.  It works.

> My requirement.
> 1. Client entries can be added dynamically after server has been started.
> 2. Each client entry consists of an IP address with a unique secret
> associated with it.

  We know.  The dynamic clients code does this, and is *documented* as
doing this.  Your multiple email messages have said you want to do this.
 Explaining it again here means you're assuming we're either blind or
stupid.

> My assumption.
> Dynamic-client - 1 & 2. (hopefully this method is what i thought)
> Static-client - standard client {} entries are going into it, then just add
> them to clients.conf instead as the server will need reloading to read new
> content of those files.
>
> Hope my understanding is correct. Please correct me if i am wrong. :-)

  We're trying.  We're not really succeeding.